I’m not usually a resolution-type, but this year there are some things I would like to accomplish before the year is through. There’s nothing too crazy, but there are a few things that I’ve wanted to accomplish for a while now. Getting these six idea/goals in motion for the year would help me get started on my infinite “to-do” list of life.
- Learn Italian fluently: being that my mother was born and raised there and that my college courses gave me a proficiency, I would like to become completely fluent in my mothers native tongue so I can connect further with my cousins and family that lives abroad.
- Find my nutritional balance: One of my passions in life is nutrition and understanding how food affects the body. This year I want to find the diet I will follow for the rest of my life that allows me to feel and look my best.
- Treat my curls with respect: I’ve been damaging these locks for far too long with an absurd amount of heat (400 degrees 2-3 times a week to be exact). My hair has thinned out and become frail, but with one year of limiting the damage, I can grow an entire new head of luscious cues.
- Put myself out there on the Internet: *insert the very reason I started this blog lol hi*
- Do what makes me happy (don’t follow the crowd): Don’t feel like going out? Stay in. Feel like getting shitfaced? Crack open the vino. Want to eat the entire fridge? Go for it. Decide to go vegan because of the amazing benfits? Fuck what everyone is going to think/say.
- YOGA & MEDITATION: So many benefits for the mind and body. I need to stop driving myself nuts with the constant thoughts and anxieties that fly through my head everyday. These natural and simple methods can help ease stress, anxiety, depression and other issues in day-to-day life. I want to start incorporating this into my daily routine throughout the year.